Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Not worth a whoop.

Greetings everyone!

I can proclaim today as the worst day of my life, but I won't. You would probably think that such a whining person like me is saying such a positive thing? Lol. Yeah but sometimes you have to think positive and look at the bigger picture in life. Although it was such a slow and unproductive day, definitely not worth a whoop.

The main reason why I ignored the little mishaps today in the office was simply because I laughed a lot in the office today. Maybe that was just because I didn't have much to do. But who cares?! (As Sir Humair says)

There are a lot of politics going on in the office. The make-up girl and this 'anchor' girl are eating me up. Like literally. I just don't understand why people can not mind their own business at times and keep poking in your matters. Basically, it all started when I was waiting for van yesterday and there was no car available in the office.

I called in my colleague and asked him to break his shoot and pick me up from office and he can drop me on his way to his shoot again. Gladly, he agreed, but sadly, it couldn't work out. Let me explain how. After one and half hour of waiting, my colleague, Azfar bhai, arrived. He told me to come out and if there is anyone else to be dropped then they can tag along as well. That is what was done wrong in the whole situation!

I was stupid enough to goto the make-up and anchor girl and ask them if they have to go. They actually wanted to go but they had ordered tea for themselves. And the anchor girl gave me dirty looks and said, "when you have waited for so long, why are you fretting to stay for 20 more minutes". Firstly (bitch), I am not your personal servant. Secondly, I am your colleague. Not even your sub-ordinate that you are trying to rule things on me. Thirdly, it was I who asked for the car otherwise you wouldn't be going home this early. And last but not the least, an average tea costs between Rs. 15-20, you shouldn't waste someone's favour for that petty an amount!

I was so exasperated. On her self-conceited behaviour and her rude reply to what I had said. I decided not to be angry and take it easy on me. Maybe she didn't mean it the way she said it. Or maybe I was already so angry that I was being judgemental towards her. Whatever the case it was, in the end it was I who had to suffer cuz of them and their TEA!

I had to leave early for university and I decided to take a rickshaw home. I apologised to Azfar bhai for spoiling his shoot but who can stop the inevitable? And later in the day, I read this quote in the newspaper:

"The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But the silence of good people!"

1 comment:

  1. The blog only proves that sexism is not the only reason why women don't feel comfortable at their jobs. After all, a woman is the biggest enemy of other :p.
    Anyway, about the quote on which you've concluded your "dukhi roodaad", I have to say only one thing: "out of the mouths of babes and sucklings". Haha. Nice!

    ReplyDelete